Our Goals are to:
- Resolve crisis
- Re-establish family links
- Re-establish a capacity to live independently of Specialist Homelessness Services
How we can help
We can help by providing:
- Emotional and general support
- Crisis counselling
- Emergency accommodation
- Access to other services for the elderly
- Links to Financial Counselling
Who is eligible?
The Ceduna Assistance with Care and Housing for the Aged Program can help people who are:
- Without an acceptable roof over their head e.g. living on the streets, under bridges, in deserted buildings etc. (absolute homelessness or sleeping rough)
- Moving between various forms of temporary or medium term shelter such as hostels, refuges, boarding houses or friends
- Constrained to living permanently in single rooms in private boarding houses
- Housed without appropriate conditions of a home e.g. security, safety, or adequate standards (includes squatting)
- Struggling to keep up with rent
- Experiencing financial barriers and housing stress
How can I get help?
If you have nowhere to live or your home is not a safe, secure place to stay, then you can use our services.
You might be feeling isolated, or frightened. You might not be able to find anywhere safe to sleep.
There is help available. Call us on (08) 8628 7600 or visit the Centacare Catholic Country SA office at 11 McKenzie Street, Ceduna and a Support Worker can assist you.