Who can access Financial Counselling?

Individuals and/or families who wish to improve their financial situation can make an appointment to meet with a qualified Financial Counsellor who will discuss your financial concerns with you in a friendly, non- judgmental way.

We understand that everyone has concerns and challenges with money at times and we will help you to seek solutions to improve your situation.

How can this service help?

Financial Counselling and Capability can help you to:

  • Learn different ways to spend and save money.
  • Prepare personal and family budgets.
  • Talk to creditors and negotiate payment plans.
  • Reduce financial stress.
  • Choose options to reduce debts.
  • Make appropriate referrals.
  • Explore bankruptcy options and alternatives.
  • Provide financial education.

Other Financial Support services

Centacare Catholic Country SA offer a range of other financial support services which may be of benefit to you, such as:

  • No Interest Loans Scheme (NILS).
  • Emergency Relief (ER).
  • Financial Literacy.

Service areas

Centacare Catholic Country SA can provide Financial Counselling to people located within Outback SA through our key locations in Coober Pedy, Port Augusta, Whyalla, Port Lincoln, Ceduna. We also provide regular outreach to Yalata, Koonibba and Oak Valley.

If you are unable to get to any of these locations please contact our staff to discuss how we may be able to provide you’re a service through alternative avenues such as Skype, phone or outreach.

Is there a waiting list?

Each location’s waiting times vary however it can range from 2 weeks to 12 weeks in extreme
circumstances. Upon contacting our office you can request what the current waiting time is from our administrative staff.

We provide a priority service to clients who are on the Cashless Debit Card or Income Management.

Clients are further prioritised by vulnerability and hardship however we aim to provide a service to everyone who is in need of our assistance.

What do I need to bring to my appointment?

A Centrelink Income Statement or Payslips (If Relevant), Identification and all of the bills you currently have.

What if I don’t want to bring in my documents or answer questions?

Unfortunately we will be unable to provide you with a service. If you are concerned about what may be asked of you please feel free to contact our office and discuss it with our support staff.

How are the Financial Capability and Wellbeing Programs at Centacare Catholic Country SA funded?

Our programs are funded by:

  • Commonwealth Department for Social Services through the Financial Wellbeing & Capability Program;
  • State Government Department for Communities and Social Inclusion through the Statewide Financial Counselling Program; and
  • The Wyatt Benevolent Institution Inc. for the Financial Counselling Partnership Program.

Who can I contact if I have a complaint about the service?

If you wish to make a complaint about the service you have received you are welcome to contact the Manager Financial Wellbeing & Capability Programs – Outback SA on 08 8640 4914 to discuss the matter further or ask front office staff at your local office to take your details for her to contact you.


Alternative Services

You may wish to explore options to address your financial hardship and we have provided a number of useful websites below to assist you.