The purpose of Reunification is to optimise a safe and timely return home for children by strengthening family’s skills to provide a safe and nurturing environment for all.
The Reunification Service will work with families to:
- Establish priorities and set goals for the family.
- Help parents to develop positive views of their ability to parent.
- Help parents to develop skills to manage emotions when under pressure.
- Help parents to understand the health, hygiene and nutrition needs of their children.
- Improve the parents’ connection with their child/ren and encourage good behavior.
- Help parents to manage their child’s difficult behavior.
- Manage substance use problems.
- Extend social supports.
- Teach practical life skills, including budgeting, nutrition, health care and obtaining housing.
Reunification Service Goals
- To promote the safety and wellbeing of children and their families.
- Maintain permanency for children.
- Empower families to achieve or sustain independence and self-sufficiency.
Who can access this service?
All families are referred to the program through Department of Child Protection.